Monday, February 14, 2005

Million Dollar Baby

A Clint Eastwood film about boxing?

That's what my wife wanted to see Saturday night.

Not really. Our choice was really about 90 minutes. The Aviator, which is 30 minutes longer than Million Dollar Baby, also started about an hour later. Did we want to wait around for 60 minutes and then stay in the movie theatre an extra 30 minutes?

Not this Saturday night.

And I am glad we did not wait. We were pleasantly surprised. I know, it seems sort of odd to be surprised by a nominee for Best Picture, but we were. I am not sure what we expected, but it was well-told story. A little long perhaps. Maybe a few too many cliches about boxing. But so what? I paid full price and I would pay full price again -- it was worth it.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home