Monday, February 07, 2005

Reader's Block

Some folks have difficulty writing, I have difficulty reading. I can not motivate myself to read. Daily distractions and busy days often keep me away from a book. I know, I know, I need to block out time, just like exercising, devoted to reading. My own little oasis time to escape from everything else. That often works. But, sometimes, it does not matter what I do, I feel like I have reader's block.

What to do? What to do?

Switch books? Tried that. No longer reading Salt. I moved on to, Under the Banner of Heaven. An engrossing look at fundamentalist Mormons based around the murder of a mother and her child. But, Szg, how engrossing can it be if you are not reading it?

Good question. When I am reading it, I like it.

HMaybe I need to stop thinking about it and go do something -- like read.....



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home