Tuesday, June 21, 2005

Movies, Movies and more movies....

Really only 3 movies.

This weekend my wife and I rented two movies (both her picks). She made me sit through Kinsey. Not great, not terrible, not just right either. For a rental it wasn't bad. But, I wouldn't rent it again.

Even worse, and not unexpectedly so, was Alfie. The remake with Jude Law. Do not rent this movie. It is 90 or so minutes you will never get back. Let me sum it up like this, Alfie is dating a married woman (so she is CHEATING) and he eventually dumps her because she gets too close. Later he runs into this woman again and he feels bad about dumping her. This is all part of some moral lesson that Alfie is learning about himself. The lesson should have been, don't date married woman.

Whatever. Skip it at all costs.

On the bright side, I watched The Motorcycle Diaries last night. Somehow the movie is able to be both melancholy and uplifting all at the same time. A worthwhile movie in the "buddy roadtrip" genre without being inane. I wish I had seen this one on the big screen.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home