Tuesday, August 02, 2005

Getting Ready for Vacation

My vacation is just about here. 7 days of sitting at the beach, on a deck, anywhere but work and my house.

It will be a time to rejuvenate and begin to really read again. I am putting down my current book, which is hardly an effort since I am barely 50 pages into it. While my bookpile is getting taller as I fall further and further behind my goals, there is nothing quite like getting books for vacation. I like shopping for books almost as much I like reading them.

So, here is my newly improved reading list for vacation:

1. Sex, Drugs, and Cocoa Puffs by Chuck Klosterman -- I am pretty sure the first time I became aware of this book was through Seth Cohen on the OC. 'Nuff said.

2. How Soccer Explains the World, Franklin Foer -- In keeping with my international flavor this year.

3. Cryptonomicon, Neal Stephenson -- This looks like a doozy of a book, but that's what vacation is for.

If expect to finish the first two and we'll see about #3. Smelmooo and Tangentwoman have graciously loaned me a few books which I will carry with me in case I either finish all three books or If I need to change things up.

I am going to finish out this week (leading into vacation) with The Gate Keepers, Jacques Steinberg. It's all about the college admissions process. I have always been fascinated with that mysterious world and I was able to get the hard back version from the bargain rack. It looks like a quick read and an easy way to get me back into reading.

See y'all on the flipside.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home