Monday, March 21, 2005

Book 16 - How to Be Good by Nick Hornby

Nick Hornby has written a set of novels and they are all good for their various reasons.

High Fidelity is my favorite book with About a Boy coming in a close second.

His last novel of fiction was entitled How to Be Good and wasn't up to snuff with his other books. It is the account of a couple and their possible divorce until the husband goes to extremes of kindness when he reviews his bitter life and attempts to "be good". The catch is that he brings in his two kids and estranged wife with him on his misguided adventure.

I read it about 4 years ago when it first came out and I didn't think much of it then. I couldn't emote with the characters.... and I have to say... that although I can relate more with the characters this time by the virtue of being married, it still isn't as good as Nick Hornby is capable of.

I recommend reading it though if you want to get a flare for Nick Hornby and what he is capable of.

Next up... The President's Assassain by Brian Haig

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home