Saturday, April 23, 2005

Book 21 - Orange Crushed

I followed up Pamela Thomas-Graham's Blue Blood with the final installament in the "Ivy League" mysteries series.

This book -- Orange Crushed -- took our hero to Princeton University where she went to meet her mentor and brother. Eventually, her brother became accused of murdering her mentor (but we all know that isn't going to be the truth friends.)

Once again, for everything that I liked about the first two, I enjoyed the third one even more. Even with very familiar and textbook characters, THomas-Graham is able to make a scathing report on the treatment of minorities in higher education. Her insight is tremendous to me.

I still stick to my guns on this statement. "These are decent books - not as good as Stephen White but decent enough!"

I hope there are more... the ending makes you believe there will be.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home