Sunday, June 26, 2005

Books 31 & 32 -- I Was Productive This Week

Book 31 was a book by one of my favorite New Jersey native sons - Stephen Frey. He isn't a top named author and you won't find his books on the New York TImes bestseller lists.

His books follow a similar plotline yet I am intrigued each time I read one. Find a sap that is a super smart and great fella and put him in the race or threat of his life as the major equity traders in the world try to bring him or her down. Fight fight fight and bring the man down. End of story... everyone is happy a doodle.

The Chairman is no different except that the protagonist is the head of one of these firms and another firm is trying to bring him down. He fights fight sfights and brings the man(men) down. Everyone is almost happy a doodle. Good fluff and insight into the financial world.

Book 32 was a not too far departure for my normal course of reading. It was The Last Innocent Man by Phillip Margolin. I have read so many other books that I strayed away from the new author I was planning on reading. I snuck this novel in while on a trip with the new family as I had ample time by a pool.

THis book was perfect pool reading. IT was engaging enougha nd had a good enough twist at the end to charm my sensibilities. I would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a book to read on the beach. In addition to the plot and twists, it also focusses on the subject of client/attorney confidentiality that I find so interesting....

This was his second book. It was written in 1983 and his next book was in 1992. Gone, But Not Forgotten seems to be the book that made him a full time author and I will read that after I finish the following books.

A Long Way Down - Nick Hornby
The Kite Runner - Khaled Hosseini
Children Playing Before a Statue of Hercules -- Short Stories edited by David Sedaris
MAYBE the new Harry Potter book depending on how long it takes to read those other three.

Have a good one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home